Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Time

What a great time of the year! Especially when you don't have to worry about the snow...HA! Jamey and I both grew up in Utah, and the snow is something we don't miss. Oh sure, it's fun to play in for a day or two, and it is beautiful when it first comes down. But it's wet, cold, messy...come on now. Honestly, I can take it for about 2 months. For that long, I could really appreciate and love it. But in Utah as soon as January rolls around, I am done with it.
Maybe one day I will be one of those people with a house in Utah, and one in Phoenix for the winter. The things I do love about winter are Christmas music, hot chocolate, Christmas lights, traditions, extra family time, and friendly strangers.

Anyway, I do realize this blog isn't about me. It's about our family. SO, Let me see... our little family is doing awesome! The kiddos seem so excited for Christmas this year! They LOVE the lights, and the decorations!

Maddox has been so exstatic over presents, you can't help but get excited along with him. (I had to wrap up a granola box with beans in it, and use it for a 'practice' present) I tell him not to open it, and he is really good about it. He carried it around all day and has even slept with it. He knows not to open it. So after about a week, I started putting actual presents under the tree with the same instructions... no opening of the presents. So far, they remain unopened. Will it last another week? Time will tell.

Kya has been preoccupied with the nativity story. It is very cute. She set a little toy baby in a (tupperware container) manger, put pipe cleaners in for the straw, and had all her little plastic animals (which included farm, oceanic, dinosaurs, and even a panda) all around it. The next day she did the same thing with her stuffed animals and a doll. She's always packing all sorts of things in bags, and animals in crates saying that they are going to africa, or oklahoma.

Jamey is doing well at his new job as a loan rep for Wachovia. Although, his schedule isn't really to die for. (10-7) It is taking some getting used to... but it really is nice seeing him in the morning. The kids really like it, or should I say liked it... We have slowly turned our schedule of going to bed at 9 or 10 into going to bed at 11 or midnight, I know it is horrible. Maddox sleeps in until 8-8:30 and that is surprising for him. He is usually a 7:30 waker upper. Kya will sleep until sometime between 9 & 10. We really need fix our habit, especially with Kya starting Kindergarten next year. Out here in Texas it is all day, 5 days/week. And I believe it starts at 7:30am! That is early, I say.

I just got a new calling working with the YW in our ward, and I am so excited! It will make me a little busier, but that's a good thing right now because it's something that I will love!

2 comments:

Todd said...

Quality post Lizzy! You combined literary savvy with grammatical excellence. Bravo! We need to have some other people comment so Cassie and I don't look like stalkers!

Cassie said...

Lizzy, I tagged you. You have to go to my blog to find out the rules. Don't do it if you don't want, but it would be fun to see what you come up with!